Peace, mercy, and blessings of God
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to the National University of Science and Technology, through which you will find abundant information about the various programs and activities of the college.
I take this opportunity to extend my sincere congratulations to the students of the college on the occasion of the new academic year and that as I extend this congratulation to them, at the same time I express to them my appreciation and with this specialization they chose to study in, so that they will graduate as angels of mercy and become holders of a lofty humanitarian message, and a profession for which society has every appreciation and respect.
I would like to point out on that occasion also that knowledge and ethics are the two sides of the same coin, and it is not permissible for a person to limit his efforts to one side without the other.
The college’s strategy is to constantly upgrade its university system to match the most specialized programs in the health sector in order to graduate specialized nursing cadres who have all the technical tools and high potentials to provide health care to patients at an international level.
The tremendous developments that the nursing profession is currently witnessing require continuous follow-up in search of the desired development in the educational process in the college by examining the best international practices and then applying them in the academic curricula, which ensures that the college achieves all its scientific and national goals.
We all know that the College of Nursing provides its students with curricula and studies that contribute to the development of scientific and practical skills in a distinct way to supply the governorate and university hospitals in the future with these cadres and to be the ambassadors of nursing inside and outside Iraq. The college also provides the labor market with highly qualified nursing specialists who are able to compete at the local, regional and global levels in the era of globalization and the free market.
Dean of the College of Nursing
mission and goals for 2020-2021
The college was established in 2014 in cooperation with the Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization, with the aim of preparing nursing staff with scientific and practical competence in line with the scientific and technical development and providing preventive and curative nursing services that enhance the health level of the individual, family and society and include the following branches (Basic Sciences Branch, Fundamentals of Nursing Branch, Adult Nursing Branch, Maternal and Neonate Health Nursing Branch, Pediatric Nursing Branch, Mental Health Nursing Branch, Community Family Health Branch.
College vision: In light of the university’s vision, the College of Nursing seeks to be a scientific guide with leadership locally and regionally in the fields of nursing education, scientific research and community service.
Faculty Mission: Preparing academically and professionally qualified cadres to provide patient-centered nursing care in health institutions through the educational programs and specialized scientific research that they offer while adhering to community values, customs, and norms.
Objectives of the College of Nursing:
1. Update educational programs and link them to the needs of society and the labor market.
2. Improving and developing the educational environment and infrastructure.
3. Providing educational experiences from faculty members who are able to transfer expertise and knowledge skills and provide high-quality educational opportunities for students.
4. Development of the teaching, professional and research capabilities of faculty members.
5. Deepening students ’understanding of the distinguished nursing skills to provide comprehensive nursing care.
6. Preparing highly skilled and qualified nurses in providing nursing care according to international academic standards in the field of nursing and in accordance with Islamic and ethical principles and professional controls.
7. Encouraging scientific research and conducting nursing research aimed at solving health problems of priority in the local community.
8. Analyzing and studying the problems of the nursing profession and contributing to the advancement of the profession.
9. Improving and developing the competencies of the administrative body in order to cope with the changes and the needs of the college.
10. Enhancing the college’s role in community service and development and keeping pace with scientific development in the field of nursing and continuing education.